Requirements and Exam.
PRE SKILL TEST REQUIREMENTS AND EXAM
|Minimum Flight Time||: 45 Hours||Minimum Solo Time||: 10 Hours
||Minimum Solo Cross Country Time||: 5 Hours
||Minimum Dual Instrument Time||: 4 Hours
||Minimum Dual Cross Country Time||: 5 Hours
||Minimum Dual Stall Spin Awereness Exercise Time||: 2 Hours
||Qualifying Cross Country Certificate||:Present to Examiner
||You must have completed the presolo Quiz||
||Familliar with sections 3 and 4 of the POH||
||Familliar with US Airspace System||
Your skill test will consist of navigation and general handeling.
You must be proficient in the following maneuvers:
Use of the checks and performing them at the right
times is also a requirement.
- Straight and level flight : + or - 100 feet
- Climbing + or - 5 kts on Vy
- Glide descent + or - 5 kts
- 30° Medium bank turns + or - 100 feet
- 45° Steep turns + or - 100 feet
- Stall recovery from :
- Basic instrument flying: Climbing, descents, straight and level, climbing and descending turns.
- Unusual attitude recovery from a gentle dive
- Emergency landing procedures. Be familiar with ABCDE check and POH procedures
- Cicuit work: You should be able to land safely on the numbers with flap 0° 20° and 30° and short field take offs and landings
- Go around procedures
- Proper use of radio communications
- Use and knowledge of VOR
You will be given a cross country route to plan 2 hours before your flight.
You are expected tp obtain weather and plan your route. You need to keep
track of your time and all boxes apart from the actual G/S must be filled
in. Once you have demonstrated your ability to navigate, the nav test will
then move on to the diversion.
Diversion : You will need to circle over a land mark, plot a new course and
work out a heading and ETE for your new destination. Your ETA has to be + or
- 5 mins.
FILL IN THE NAVIGATION LOG ON DIVERSION
Some nice links with revision questions although FAA